Purpose: Competitive 1v1

Full Map:

Map Analyzer Image:

Song:

Server: North America

- - - End Tournament Map Pool - - -

Traced in Air

Purpose: Competitive 1v1

This map still needs doodads and possibly some modifications to terrain.

Full Map:

Map Analyzer Image:

Song:

Server: None

- - - - -

Fix My Heart

Purpose: Casual 1v1 - Possibly Competitive 1v1

Full Map:

Map Analyzer Image:

This map still needs some terrain modifications.

Song:

Server: North America

- - - - -

Terraform

Purpose: Casual 1v1

It's not even close to being balanced. This map was mainly used as a vehicle for messing around with doodads and terrain.

Full Map:

Server: None

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Civilian
26 posts
Cool maps, I really like them. I think Machine Dream looks the coolest.
Observer
926 posts
Machine dream seem narrow, but this might be ilustrated by the large amount of slopes.

Beneath the remains are my favourite! It looks so coool.

P.S. Is there a reason that you put all tower on high ground?
DRG - Everytime people crazing about when protoss did good FF .good storm . good blink . make mothership ...Why theres nothing like those in zerg
Zealot
167 posts
I've enjoyed playing most of these maps, Beneath the Remains is probably the best looking aesthitically IMO.
Warp Prism
1,035 posts
Where's Abducted? :c

And Fix My Heart image doesn't work.. At least not for me.
gone.
Jun 8th 2011, 12:35:27 Quote by CrazyGitar
I BET IF YOU SAW A WALL THAT HAD BEEN RECENTLY PAINTED AND WAS DRY BUT FOR THIS ONE SMALL BIT THAT WAS STILL WET YOU WOULD BE LIKE ZOMGTHATBITOFWALLISSTILLWETWTFBBQLMFAO
Auto-Turret
2,237 posts
here are my thoughts

Traced in air looks interesting

Fix my heart looks pretty cool actually, very good terrain for reapers or collosus though

Green is an alright map, but having played on it i think it needs a bit more work to make it as good as some of the others

Terraform looks awesome but imbalanced as you said

Beneath the remains looks cool but too much like backwater gulch which is a map i don't care for

Machine dream absolutly amazing
Super Moderator ⋅ Siege Tank
977 posts
I've changed the format of the original post slightly by adding a "Tournament Map Pool" section. This features the five maps of mine that I think would be best in a tournament map pool. Two new maps have been added, and there is now a song linked to each map.

Mar 1st 2011, 00:45:50 Quote by effervescent

I didn't include maps that already had a thread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dark Templar
732 posts
Pretty nice maps. I'd like to play more of them in a tournament like Texmix's previous tournament instead of playing on shitty blizzard maps.

In my opinion the four golds in the middle of Black Fuel are pretty ridiculous since it is pretty hard for multiple people to take them at once since they are so close, but I believe you said you were going to reduce it to only two golds in the middle so that should be fine.

I have yet to see any games on Machine Dream yet, but it looks pretty cool. Solarfall is probably my favorite at the moment, but I have yet to play on all of the maps.

If anyone is interested in watching some games on these maps I remembered to save two from Green and one from Beneath the Remains. There were more on other maps, but I forgot to save them

Beneath the Remains Stebo (Random- Protoss) vs Dark Lord (P)
Green Sagle (T) vs TechFour (Z)
Green Timmay (Random- Terran) vs. Dark Lord (P)

EDIT
Mar 5th 2011, 17:07:54 Quote by Timmay
I've changed the format of the original post slightly by adding a "Tournament Map Pool" section. This features the five maps of mine that I think would be best in a tournament map pool. Two new maps have been added, and there is now a song linked to each map.

Mar 1st 2011, 00:45:50 Quote by effervescent

I didn't include maps that already had a thread.

Since this is supposed to be your map archives you might want to at least post links to the other map threads.
977 posts
A new map has been added to the Tournament Map Pool: Terminal Spirit Disease

If anyone would like to organize or join some sort of event where we can test these maps, please let me know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Content Editor ⋅ Siege Tank
877 posts
thats a cool looking map, but the one thing i noticed was the baby cliff by the golds into the main. not sure how if i like that or not...
Good bye CrazyGitar, I will miss you

And with this, it all turns to dust and bones and relics of a bygone era. we are now the few who survive, but do not thrive.
Dark Templar
732 posts
I'm not really interested in organizing a tournament at the moment, but would definitely join one. The last one Texmix hosted with your maps was pretty fun despite the fact that there was an insane amount of Protoss players. Maybe if you talk to Tex he'll make another.

Mar 17th 2011, 22:51:13 Quote by kingbob_the_second
thats a cool looking map, but the one thing i noticed was the baby cliff by the golds into the main. not sure how if i like that or not...

I would imagine it is there so reapers aren't entirely useless. It least with that they can be used as an over-glorified scout, since the only other cliffwalk way in is at the ramp where there are sure to be stalkers to deny scouting.
Viking
1,579 posts
Mar 19th 2011, 07:10:32 Quote by Dark Lord
I'm not really interested in organizing a tournament at the moment, but would definitely join one. The last one Texmix hosted with your maps was pretty fun despite the fact that there was an insane amount of Protoss players. Maybe if you talk to Tex he'll make another.

Same here. Its always fun participating in Armory events, providing that the people that sign up actually show up >.>
977 posts
Abducted is back, with major changes to the terrain!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Siege Tank
936 posts
I'm really digging that Terraform map, even though its not for competitive purposes nor is it balanced (yet).

I would count Abducted & Machine Dream as some of my favorites as well and would definitely play them if I get the chance. Keep up the good work!
Currently in the 'lab', SC2 editing, practicing zerg play, studying in summer, & a bunch of stuff.
Void Ray
3,540 posts
Mar 20th 2011, 18:48:57 Quote by Timmay
Abducted is back, with major changes to the terrain!

You Sir are on FIRE.. Really chilled by just looking at that one..