Starcraft 2 Armory

[Melee] Abducted

7 posts ⋅ 897 views

Super Moderator ⋅ Siege Tank
977 posts
Abducted
Two Player Melee Map

This map is intended to be used for competitive play. It is currently only uploaded to the North American server.

Inspiration:

(Invalid video video code)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Archon
1,373 posts
I played this once, Xel'naga towers/high grounds were pivotal, especially with large armies of tier 1-1.5 units. It seems to make flanking or air units (or colossi) essential for any kind of mid-game push, unless you are holding the tower offensively. But I like it =) as i was playing on it i could tell i wasnt using the map right, I just hadnt looked at it long enough to spot what i should/could do
If you expand when you attack, your expansion is defended by him $*!*?#%@ his pants.
Hellion
776 posts
I know you don't like feedback... but my suggestion is still floating out there (Title and Description change to something that has to do with terrain). Great job btw.
Warp Prism
1,035 posts
I actually like the title and description a lot.

I really like this map so ya'll should try it out! Main is a little small IMO, but apparently I'm the only person that likes big main bases... Whatever. Props to Timmay.
gone.
Jun 8th 2011, 12:35:27 Quote by CrazyGitar
I BET IF YOU SAW A WALL THAT HAD BEEN RECENTLY PAINTED AND WAS DRY BUT FOR THIS ONE SMALL BIT THAT WAS STILL WET YOU WOULD BE LIKE ZOMGTHATBITOFWALLISSTILLWETWTFBBQLMFAO
Super Moderator ⋅ Siege Tank
977 posts
Jan 19th 2011, 12:26:13 Quote by Insomnia125
I know you don't like feedback...

I never said that. In fact, a lot of changes were made to the map due to feedback from people who have played on it. You simply didn't like the map name, and you didn't explain why.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Drone
109 posts
Would love to see a version on EU server
Archon
1,408 posts
Well its not that I don't like the title but I just don't get it either, why "abducted"? (Please enlighten me).

Its really a well made map, perfectly balance imho, so Congrats men. Haven't got the chance to play on it yet though.

Oh btw, the middle portion of the map reminds of the X Games somehow. So is it me or I really need some serious shut eye now.
"There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered"
Praetor Fenix

"The two most common element's in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."
Mohandar
Hellion
776 posts
Jan 19th 2011, 23:28:42 Quote by spartan198
Well its not that I don't like the title but I just don't get it either, why "abducted"? (Please enlighten me).

Its really a well made map, perfectly balance imho, so Congrats men. Haven't got the chance to play on it yet though.

Oh btw, the middle portion of the map reminds of the X Games somehow. So is it me or I really need some serious shut eye now. XP

Well it has some like "torture chair" doodad that was added. But he felt it was more of a "lab" feel. So it would make more sense to make it like "something lab" or something that has to do with terrain. If this is intended to be a melee map, "Abducted" sounds like a custom game.

Ex.
Lost Temple - Terrain
Xel'Naga Caverns - Terrain

However, there are maps like GSL Biohazard in which "Biohazard" does not describe its terrain, but its makes a little more sense than an Action.

(There was the full reasoning Timmay, you left that game before we could chat more)