Starcraft 2 Armory

Free Character Name Change Coming Soon

38 posts ⋅ 16,002 views

Administrator ⋅ Battlecruiser
6,877 posts
If you picked the wrong name or want to change your current SC2 character name, don't worry, Blizzard will be offering this service free of charge!

We wanted to let everyone know that in the near future we'll be allowing everyone a chance to change their chosen StarCraft II character name for free.

In some cases, people chose character names that don't represent their usual multiplayer nicknames, as they were unaware of how the character names were being used. It's important to us that everyone is represented by a name of their choosing in their multiplayer games, ladders, and on the forums and community site.

In addition, beyond this initial free name change, we’ll be launching a service similar to the one we offer for World of Warcraft which will allow additional character name changes for a fee. We'll announce more details on how the free name change and additional paid character name changes will be implemented in the near future.

Source: Battle.net
Warp Prism
1,064 posts
kool, but I like my name

I do wonder what duckload-ra will come up with next...
Apparently UAL still exists. I might be on once in a while now.
Probe
76 posts
You should do this for the armory. I just recently created a new armory account to match my SC2 profile. I'm starting from stratch now.
Drone
66 posts
OTRawrior always, but thanks for posting this
Point Defense Drone
2,786 posts
You should allow this for the armory.

But yeah help a brotha out like DUCKLOAD-RA
Queen
351 posts
So this won't be forced on us right? I like my name atm so it won't just delete it but give us an option on the screen that we can click to change right?
Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled!
Shelter your weak, your young and your old!
Each of you shall pay the final sum.
Cry for mercy, the reckoning has come!
Banned
3,073 posts
This better not mean I have to re-add everyone again.

I've got 40ish friends so far and I don't want to have to do it all over again. I swear to god, if they wipe my flist I'm gonna tear them a new butthole.
I got the message. Looks like I'm going bye-bye :(
High Templar
531 posts
Duckload is Ra's sponsor. He did it because "white" was bleeped out in the chat I think so he just got annoyed... Which I find really really funny. But I will probably keep my name xD
Point Defense Drone
2,786 posts
Aug 16th 2010, 03:15:59 Quote by Mr-Trib
This better not mean I have to re-add everyone again.

I've got 40ish friends so far and I don't want to have to do it all over again. I swear to god, if they wipe my flist I'm gonna tear them a new butthole.

Thats awkard AND homosexual.

Aug 16th 2010, 03:18:20 Quote by beta_33
Duckload is Ra's sponsor. He did it because "white" was bleeped out in the chat I think so he just got annoyed... Which I find really really funny. But I will probably keep my name xD

lol acting like I dont know why. But the chat is kind of false. Or at least bathroom gossip.
Immortal
1,752 posts
Hmm is there gonna be a feature that allows you to change your battlenet name?
nope
Banned
3,073 posts
Indeed, what you laughing at? But trust me, it will be hell for blizzard if they wipe the friends list -_-

And I know just who to start with...

I shall hold Miles for ransom. The payment will be to restore my friends list =D
I got the message. Looks like I'm going bye-bye :(
Civilian
45 posts
I thought 'YourFather' was a funny name at the time. When i realized that there would be no name changing, the humor in the situation dwindled quickly and i realized the cruel nature of the wor-

Yes, a welcome a decision.

[To Find Eboue, You Must Become Eboue.]
Your Momma's so Dumb, She Brought a Colossus to an Air Fight!
Baneling
488 posts
Aug 16th 2010, 03:11:44 Quote by ZayiN
kool, but I like my name

I do wonder what duckload-ra will come up with next...

I heard that he changed his name to DuckloadRa because he is now sponsored by DuckloadRa. Apparently that is some kind of gaming team or company? I don't know I've never heard of it but Day[9] was saying something about it.
Civilian
45 posts
Duckload is an EU streaming site, movies and all that, i know cos i was watching 'Airplane!' on it a few days ago.

[To Find Eboue, You Must Become Eboue.]
Your Momma's so Dumb, She Brought a Colossus to an Air Fight!
Warp Prism
1,064 posts
I only know the change because day9's daily, appenently saying White bleeped out but it being his sponsor explains the change...
Apparently UAL still exists. I might be on once in a while now.