Starcraft 2 Armory

Stars (Fan-Fic)

69 posts ⋅ 3,547 views

Immortal
1,527 posts
here's my first fan-fiction ever written. I have yet to come up with a suitable title, so if you are reading my story and get an idea; tell it to me. Until then it will be called STARS. the first 5 chapters are long and take a bit of will to stick with (because they set the scene) but at chapter 6 or 7, things start to pick up. so it's worth it. Good luck with the read!

---------------------------------------------------------::PROLOGUE::----------------------------------------------------------
- Entries from Chris Colifield

April 7th, 2481 -----I finally learned the Truth-----

It is the end of the 25th century, and old earth is still present and well. Wars come and go, people travel, people eat, people buy, It seems that everyone is happy and nothing can change that.
-these were my thoughts about everything... until I learned the truth from Professor Richards.

I knew Richards was a friend of my dads, but I never really knew the guy. Which is why it was so strange when he asked to talk to me today. At first I thought I was in trouble, but he assured me everything was fine and that he just needed to talk to me.

And Oh man! The information he had for me. He seems almost paranoid, saying that the world is doomed. It's hard to tell whether I should believe him or not. He basically told me that the government has lied to us. Has lied to us about the truth. And the truth is that the world is dieing. He said that biologist in the 21st century predicted the earth to live for billions of years. but how wrong they are. According to Richards, earth has about 8 decades left. And now that I think about it, that is hella soon! He told me all of these percentages of how earth is running low on natural resources, but I can't remember them. At first I thought he was lying, but I saw truth in his eyes. He really is serious about this.

I knew that the United Earth Directorate built outer-colonies on various planets for more room and a new life, but there were so few people that traveled there. Cryo-sleeping for 2 years is not fun, from what i've heard. Richards says that everyone is going to need to leave the earth and travel to these planets, but when I told him about how inconvenient it was to space-travel, he almost seemed to be waiting for me to tell him that. Richards told me of operation STARS. That is, Space Teleporting And Recall Stations he told me of how the UED secretly started this project a few years ago. They plan to build this station, which will almost instantly teleport space-crafts from one side, to another. This means instant evac of earth when the time comes of earths destruction.

I have no idea why Richards is telling me this now, It sounds as if it were a giant gag, but somehow he is telling me the truth, but I can't figure out the reason. This is all so much to take in at once, maybe I should just sleep to clear my thinking mind.
-Chris Colifield

January 25th, 2482. -----I feel... different.-----

Ever since Professor Richards told me about the truth, I've noticed many things about Earth. The once beautiful and and green-filled world, has now been consumed by the petty needs of human life. That petty need, is the need to survive, to out-do your competitor; and in this case, mankind's competitor is one another.

Ever since that day, some year ago, I saw that I was different from my friends, I didn't know what exactly it was, but I felt it. I felt like everyone in the world cared too much for themselves. They all claim to care about every other person in the world, but somehow, they only cared for the good of their country. They think not of the future of our planet. They think of nothing else, but how to get the newest technology, which is supposedly suppose to make their lives better. There's something itching the back of my mind, like something is going to happen, that may change the way everyone is. I hope that whatever this is, comes soon, because I just can't stand the world today. I just want to leave already.
-Chris Colifield

February 13th, 2482 -WAR!-

I can't believe it. After months of feeling like something was going to happen, all that comes up... is another pointless war. But I really thought that there was something coming. I thought that there would be a change. Maybe it's all me and I'm going insane. I should call my bio-med doctor, but Richards theories and spoofs have caused me to question their medical capabilities.

I just can't believe that we are entering another war, and with who? New-Russia of all the nations. I thought that New-Russia was our greatest ally, and now we are turning against them? I'm pondering whether to call Mr. Richards; he always seems to know the truth behind all of this stuff. It's funny how he works for a top-secret government organization, yet he reveals all his secrets to me. I hope that the doesn't get into trouble by the Federals.

These wars all appear so meaningless. We've probably had 2 world wars in my life-time. And all they do is... destroy more of our precious earth. as professor Richards would put it. They're always about territorial disputes. Everyone wants whats left of the natural-born earth. But they should all know that it is only a matter of time, until earth becomes completely artificial. Many professors, including Richards, have been trying to convince people of the consequences for all these wars, but society never seem to listen. It is only a matter of time until we all need to leave earth and travel to the outer-colonies.
-Chris Colifield

February 14th, 2482 -----Oh S#$%-----

holy crap... I went over to Richards cabin, expecting to talk about this war. I figured he'd know something about it. And I learned the most disturbing news.

STARS Station #1 was completed in colony-planet 'Sierra' about 2 months ago. And all that was waiting, was the completion of STARS Station #2, here on earth. Now here is the weird part; Richards says that contact was lost with the station 3 days ago, then just yesterday, all com chatter with the planets surface was lost. Something big happened there. Richards says that the UED doesn't know whether a space storm is blocking communications or something, but they're planning on sending 3 capital ships to investigate.

In other words, this war is just one giant cover-up. It is a cover up to hide the fact that there may really be alien life forms. This war is just to distract the people so that the UED can launch their mission without question or panic.

I was recently feeling like something was coming, and now it has. It would be foolish for me to miss this opportunity for adventure. I think i'll enlist for this mission. Although I have limited military training, Richards says that the UED will be hard pressed to find the top-military needed for this mission. Maybe I can get in using Professor Richards as my key.
-Chris Colifield

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well, here is my first Fan-Fic/story. I had the entire idea made up in my head, but i couldn't figure out how to write that first sentence. (lol, lots of writers can relate to this)
This story Is starcraft based, with all the races and stuff, but it is a completely different storyline.
and don't worry about the entire thing being in 1st person journal entries. This is only for the prologue. when i start the first chapter, it will be different.

none of this may make sense yet, but have fun! Comments?

I'm back! Hope to be getting back into the sc2 scene soon. Airborne!
Carrier
5,173 posts
nice job!! yes im the first coment on your first fan fic!!

my fav bit is basicly this whole section that fallows the date "February 14th, 2482 -----Oh S#$%-----" just love that titile and the fist few words just help paint the picture so well!!

good job!
im looking foward to seeing more of your fan fics.
Immortal
1,527 posts
it's meant to be a journal entry, so i was able to be as informal as i wanted, lol

Carrier
5,173 posts
yea thats what i like about it so much it exactly what someone would say
Void Ray
3,713 posts
wonderful. full of intrigue and deceit. i love it. your first post already presents so many background details and possible explanations. you got me thinking hard, and i can already see the plot twisting and turning right from the start, good job!!
Carrier
5,173 posts
trust silent_templar on it hes a pro!
Hellion
772 posts
OFF: lol.. S_T and Mustachio have the same sig; it is disturbing

ON: Great plot man... congratz... im looking forward for the first chapter
are we still having countries in the XXV Century??? don't remember the lore :P.
Quote by gearvOsh ( SC2A administrator)
SC is just the same game over and over.
Banshee
5,189 posts
Good start but then again I am a sucker for the journal setup it gives the story for one point of view in that persons most honest words.
Dark Templar
732 posts
If you are writing this from a time before alien life was discovered by Earth then the UED doesn't exist. It would be the United Powers league or UPL. The UPL was broken up when alien life was discovered by Terrans from Earth monitoring the Kuprulu sector when the Protoss and Zerg invasion took place. This caused the downfall of the UPL and rise of the UED. For more information look at this link http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/United_Earth_Directorate
One of the hardest thing when writing fanfics is to get the lore right. I have made several mistakes in my fanfic too. Good job. Don't give up because you can probably make up an explanation to fix the error.

EDIT- I feel kind of bad for ripping your fanfic to pieces. If you need any help revising it I have a good idea to help. Also you might want to change the biologist to chemist. I think that may be more of their field.
Void Ray
3,713 posts
Quote by Crucero de Batalla
OFF: lol.. S_T and Mustachio have the same sig; it is disturbing :P

err...i hope it doesn't give you the idea that i own (or mustachio, for that matter) both accounts (theoretically probably just to say that one of my accounts is good in writing fan fictions). no. mustachio made the sig and i kind of bought a copy from him because i am a fan of the zerg queen. and whether mustachio believes that i am good in fan fictions or just trash, it is entirely his own.

(still, thanks for the support mustachio!)

again, i (or mustachio) do not own the two accounts.

and yeah i almost forgot about the UPL. Dark Lord is right toon, you better patch it up. don't worry about the mistake, though. it is only natural. besides, the plot remains to be powerful and thick even if you change the UED to UPL
Colossus
1,981 posts
That was wonderful, (What can I say, I'm a sucker for journal's)
Sometimes we forget why we left, then we come back and take a look at the community's latest, then immediately leave again. ~ Those one level higher.
Immortal
1,527 posts
Quote by Dark Lord
If you are writing this from a time before alien life was discovered by Earth then the UED doesn't exist. It would be the United Powers league or UPL. The UPL was broken up when alien life was discovered by Terrans from Earth monitoring the Kuprulu sector when the Protoss and Zerg invasion took place. This caused the downfall of the UPL and rise of the UED. For more information look at this link http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/United_Earth_Directorate
One of the hardest thing when writing fanfics is to get the lore right. I have made several mistakes in my fanfic too. Good job. Don't give up because you can probably make up an explanation to fix the error.

EDIT- I feel kind of bad for ripping your fanfic to pieces. If you need any help revising it I have a good idea to help. Also you might want to change the biologist to chemist. I think that may be more of their field.

well, it isn't gonna be exactly like Starcraft, just going to have a few comparrisons. but thanks for the UED/UPL info, didn't even know about that

@Crucero: yea, there are more or less countries. the setting is in a modern world of Today. you know how it is, countries change shape. but i don't want to disapoint or give away any details, so you don't need to think much of this.

Immortal
1,527 posts
srry for the double post. I can't figure out this new web-site lay out. It wont let me delete it.

Hellion
772 posts
@averyfatcow: actually triple post.. but don't worry... we know you are not a spammer :P...
Well, details like that (countries) don't mess up such great work :); and countries seem to fit better, they deal pretty well with that league monotony ... i hope i can read the first chapter soon
@S_T: that would be so awkward.. Mustachio and S_T are the same person!!!!!! that would be in the same level as Lom being a Blizzard's spy. lol.
@Dark Lord: thanks man... that helped a lot
Quote by gearvOsh ( SC2A administrator)
SC is just the same game over and over.
Immortal
1,527 posts
Chapter 1 ::The Briefing::
-- --
Chris enlists into the top academy by using Richards security pass-card. Chris tries his best not to let his guardian Richards know about it, but Richards is eventually informed about the mis-hap. That night, Richards and Chris have a discussion on the issue.
-- --

"I can't believe what you just did. Do you realize what this mission is?" shouted Richards with a furious tone. "you stole my ID card, managed to get past security, and enlisted for this idiotic mission!"

Chris felt rather shamed from his mentor and friend, but he slowly muttered, "well, I thought..."

Richards immediately interrupted his petty words. "well you thought what? There is nothing out there. This whole situation is probably just a damaged com-link and it will take a few days to fix this problem."

Chris tried to take his predecessors words to his advantage, "What if there is something out there. I would have to be a fool not to go and find it."

Richards saw where Chris was going and shut him down. "I understand that your father died in the true 'war to end all wars' and now you want to be a part of his adventure. You want to live and be a fighter. You're only 19 for Christ's sake. You have no military training nor the experience. Even if there is something out there, this is not the mission a boy like you should start."

Chris walked over to the window and stared out onto the outlying city.

"You just don't understand, I think that this mission is my destiny. Somehow, I felt this event coming. I foresaw something and now that it is here, I must go."

at first Richards had a face of mercy, but it quickly hardened. "Sorry Chris, Even though you've been feeling that you need to go, I just can't allow it."

Chris had a small smile climb up his face. "Richards, I know that you've taken care of me ever since the death of my family, but I have to go. I was hoping to reason with you, but I see that you are as hard as a rock. And i'm as weak as a twig."

Richards gave a slight laugh at his comment.

Chris continued, "Which is why I think that you've got no choice. You see, you weren't authorized to tell me any of the stuff that you did over the years; do you know what would happen if the FBI found out about this?"

Richard frowned at Chris's input, then it slowly turned into a joyous smile. "hehe, You're too much like your father lad. He used to blackmail me into going on adventures with him all the time. I see now that this really means something to you."

Chris had a questioned reaction, "so. . . I can go?"

"yes, I will let you go..."

Chris leaped into the air with excitement. His heart missed a beat, then began pounding three times as fast. He started to take off down the stairway, but was stopped by Richards voice.

"but I will only allow you to go on one condition."

"Yes?" Chris said. Trying to figure out what it was that Richard wanted.

"I am going with you, so that I will be there to laugh in your face when this whole thing turns out to be some meaningless accident. Not only that, but I think you're going to need my help, if you want to get past security without being questioned."

"Thanks sir, I don't know if you know how much this means to me." Chris said with utmost respect.

"I understand you, all too well." replied Richards, "I'll see you at six tomorrow."

Chris madly rushed out the door, as if six o'clock were only 20 minutes away. And Richards stood at his window, watching and thinking about the world, and the possibility of other alien worlds.

-- --
Meanwhile, at the main Briefing room of UED compound Monroe, the preparing commanders met for a discussion on the subject at hand.
-- --

Admiral Stewart had a puzzled face. "none of this information makes sense, There must be some logical explanation for this event."

the researcher presenting the facts, replied in a low voice. "I'm sorry sir, but there doesn't appear to be any other explanation. We've been trying to make contact for 4 days now, and I don't think we're going to receive contact."

"We've all know how false this is, but we've also been thinking it; what if there is some other form of alien life." General Duckett pointed out trying to not make a fool of himself.

"Don't be silly general. We've scanned that area about a hundred times, and there is nothing out there. Nothing except for that second STAR station." said low-rank officer Dickerson, trying to take advantage of what the General said, to make him look bad.

Captain Smith tried to make the present chairmen aware of the time they had. "we're running out of time gentlemen. And if that STAR station is still operational, we need to retrieve it. We can't sit around and wait for a miracle, we must send a scouting team."

General Duckett added onto Smith's comment. "Not to mention, that the public will soon realize that our war with New-Russia is nothing but a distraction; and when that happens, this entire project goes public."

The Admiral silently nodded at their point.

"Smith and Duckett are right; if the public learns of the project, then that will lead to their knowledge of Earths destruction." replied the researcher, as he shook his head rapidly in agreement to what they said.

The Admiral paused before making his final decision. "We will send a reconnosance team to planet Sierra, and once and for all find out the meaning of this. I want all the Captains and ranking officials taking part is this mission, to meet me right after this meeting, for a final briefing of the mission. Gentlemen, you are dismissed."

a few minutes later, after most of the chairmen had left, only 7 men remained. As the Admiral turned, the remaining men quickly formed a single line. Then the Admiral began to address them.

"I want your ships prepared for launch in 1 week." ordered the Admiral.

Before the Admiral moved on to the next subject, Captain Meadey asked, "sir, there was a point made earlier, but are we going to need to be prepared, in case of enemy contact?"

the admiral look ashamed of the young Captain, he paused for a moment, then replied, "Captain, we know too well of those chances and probability. As much as I don't want contact, I tell you to prepare for the worst. There is the possibility that there is an unknown race out there, but there is also the possibility that this entire thins is some terrorist group. Your ships will be fitted with the highest technology available."

"and what three ships have you chosen for this mission, sir? We know of our personnel and Co-captains, but what of our ships?" Smith questioned.

"You're ships will be the best in our arsenal. Three capital class battle cruisers. They will be supplied with everything you need, from air to ground support." the Admiral answered.

"Is it available for us to know the names of these three ships?" Meadey asked with a curious face.

"Very well." The Admiral picked up a folder and scanned the papers. "ship one is the West-Board phoenix. Which will be commanded by Captain Smith. Ship 2 is named, Atlanic Pearl, and will be piloted by you, Meadey. And Robert Grey, you will command the Flagtail Harbor."

"Thank you sir." said Meadey, happy to know the name of his ship.

"I'm sorry. You men may be seated." said the admiral in an sympathetic voice.

The men continued to talk of the mission, small details that would better prepare them, for the upcoming departure.

------------------------------------------------------------
dang this is very long. I think the next time i write something this long, i'll break it into two posts. so i'll post chapter 2.5 then the rest of it a few days later.
but yea, still setting the scene. Maybe i'm going too slow for a fan-fic. this is more turning towards a long book.