Starcraft 2 Armory

2012 Battle.net World Championship

12 posts ⋅ 2,626 views

Super Moderator ⋅ Battlecruiser
6,309 posts
This year for Blizzard & eSports will be of epic proportions as they will be providing major competitive events for World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2. This of course means that there will be no BlizzCon 2012. This will allow Blizzard have more time squeezing out their three current games in development.

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012, the Battle.net World Championship will host this year’s StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments. Blizzard gamers and eSports fans from around the world will be invited to attend and witness some of the most skilled pro players on the planet battle it out for cash and glory.

We’re excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players’ hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we’ve decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013.

More details about the 2012 Battle.net World Championship and BlizzCon 2013, including specific dates and locations, will be coming in the months ahead.

Source: Battle.net
Roach
1,211 posts
I like this idea, more time for Blizzard to do cool stuff with their upcoming games.

I hope we get to see some good games and new players emerge.

But it will mean no Blizzcon so, thats blows.
Ghost
496 posts
Not bad, I'm just wondering though, is Blizzcon 2013 going to be just delayed a few months (like spring of 2013) or are the skipping 2012 all together and Blizzcon 2013 is going to be in the fall (like 2011)?
Haikus are so cool
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Super Moderator ⋅ Battlecruiser
6,309 posts
Jan 25th 2012, 11:36:18 Quote by Farmer Poopy
Not bad, I'm just wondering though, is Blizzcon 2013 going to be just delayed a few months (like spring of 2013) or are the skipping 2012 all together and Blizzcon 2013 is going to be in the fall (like 2011)?

I'm going to assume they will keep it in the fall for its standard schedule. No reason to have it as a delayed convention.
Medivac
1,302 posts
Awesome. We won't have to wait for who knows how many more years for the games! xD And now people can watch this without paying... right? Or am I wrong?
Administrator ⋅ Battlecruiser
6,877 posts
No blizzcon makes me a sad panda(ren).
Dark Templar
716 posts
As long as it means that we get HotS and D3 earlier I don't mind.

Meh stork, I am disappoint. Win the next OSL..for realz.
get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com
Archon
1,408 posts
No Blizzcon? NOoooo!

My world has just ended early.
----------------
OK so if people who go to Star Trek conventions are called "Trekkies", what do you call those who go to Blizzcon? "Blizzies?"

Just entered my mind just now. No idea why. O_o?????
"There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered"
Praetor Fenix

"The two most common element's in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."
Mohandar
Observer
926 posts
Jan 26th 2012, 02:41:23 Quote by gearvOsh
No blizzcon makes me a sad panda(ren).

translation: No blizzcon VIP room service makes me a sad panda
DRG - Everytime people crazing about when protoss did good FF .good storm . good blink . make mothership ...Why theres nothing like those in zerg
Administrator ⋅ Battlecruiser
6,877 posts
Hey, I still went to panels and stuff!
Queen
385 posts
If this means that heart of the swarm and diablo 3 will come out faster then I say screw blizzcon.
Colossus
2,078 posts
Well, I just hope it would really help buy blizzard some time. 2012 is supposed to be a big year for all blizz fans isn't it? We want games...
Point Defense Drone
3,360 posts
Pity, Blizzard better deliver then.
A Forgotten Past Bestirs a Future Of Demise.
Robot
25 posts
Hopefully they will complete the games that are in development so the cancellation of Blizzcon 2012 won't be a waste.