Starcraft 2 Armory

Patch 1.4.2 - Nov 8th

21 posts ⋅ 3,701 views

Baneling
504 posts
The 1.4.2 patch has finally been released and with it comes a wide range of Protoss buffs. How will these changes affect the e-sports scene? Should be exciting.

General
- “Alert Fade” under Sound Options has been renamed to Game Volume During Alerts. Its tooltips have also been changed for clarification.
- The fade-in for game sound during alerts changed from .5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Play-Time Schedule under Parental Controls now applies World of Warcraft settings to StarCraft II

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a truncation on specific resolution if the current and maximum supplies are 3 digits.
- Fixed an issue which prevented footprints from being edited in the Footprint Editor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to have missing icons and images on low end graphics cards.

Balance

PROTOSS
Forge
- The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 1 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 200/200
- The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 2 has been decreased to 225/225, down from 300/300
- The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 3 has been decreased to 300/300, down from 400/400
- The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175
- The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250
- The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175
- The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250

TERRAN
Ghost
- EMP radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5

Check out my Current Stats -- LMK if you wanna 2v2
5 posts
I can't wait to see this patch's influence on the pro scene.

Also has anyone seen the new portrait for those who were at Blizzcon?
Observer
926 posts
Can someone explain "“Alert Fade” under Sound Options has been renamed to Game Volume During Alerts. Its tooltips have also been changed for clarification.
The fade-in for game sound during alerts changed from .5 seconds to 2 seconds" to me?
DRG - Everytime people crazing about when protoss did good FF .good storm . good blink . make mothership ...Why theres nothing like those in zerg
Auto-Turret
2,237 posts
Can't believe this actually went through.

Oh well, I actually won a PvZ today so at least I'm happy about that, time to not lose a PvT ever again now as well ^^
Super Moderator ⋅ Battlecruiser
6,309 posts
%*?$ yes! Time to ladder it up! I've already got a new build I'm going to try by getting early +1 attack in PvZ. 2 shotting Zerglings /w Zealots will be much cheaper. ^^ oi

Also, the new BlizzCon 11 portraits were released.
Auto-Turret
2,237 posts
Nov 8th 2011, 02:50:50 Quote by stebo88

Panda marine
Sentry
306 posts
Can someone, with valid arguments and calculations, explain to me how the Protoss upgrade changes are significant in any way.
Baneling
522 posts
Nov 8th 2011, 04:03:13 Quote by p33p
Can someone, with valid arguments and calculations, explain to me how the Protoss upgrade changes are significant in any way.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that less money spent on upgrades=more money to spend on units.

OMG EMP NERF YAY!!!! I've always wanted this nerf, now it's a little harder to emp my infestor clumps XD
Hi! I'm below masters, and thus i am not alowed to have an oppinion on anything, even things not related to starcraft. Please disregard what I have to say. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Sentry
306 posts
Nov 8th 2011, 04:41:05 Quote by why

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that less money spent on upgrades=more money to spend on half a unit.

Fixed.

You only save 50/50 and that off level 2 upgrades, unless Shields become a new thing. That is in no way a significant change, even at pro level, because by the time anyone would be getting 2/2 upgrades, 50/50 hardly matters. I would like to see some actual arguments. Yours was disappointing.

I guess this is just one of the points where I disagree: I won't be able to change your minds, you won't be able to change mine.

EDIT: instead of randomly disliking my '%?$*, why don't you try to prove me wrong.
Observer
926 posts
It was at the right direction though
Because Blizz doesn't like big change.........like removing an entire upgrade, etc
O wait...
DRG - Everytime people crazing about when protoss did good FF .good storm . good blink . make mothership ...Why theres nothing like those in zerg
Coach ⋅ Phoenix
2,631 posts
Nov 8th 2011, 02:50:50 Quote by stebo88
$!** yes! Time to ladder it up! I've already got a new build I'm going to try by getting early +1 attack in PvZ. 2 shotting Zerglings /w Zealots will be much cheaper. ^^ oi

Too bad its +2 and +3 that got cheaper not +1 haha. And its only 25minerals 25 gas cheaper, not a huge deal really :P.

The emp change is 1000x more important in PvT
Baneling
522 posts
Nov 8th 2011, 04:54:12 Quote by p33p
Nov 8th 2011, 04:41:05 Quote by why

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that less money spent on upgrades=more money to spend on half a unit.

Fixed.

You only save 50/50 and that off level 2 upgrades, unless Shields become a new thing. That is in no way a significant change, even at pro level, because by the time anyone would be getting 2/2 upgrades, 50/50 hardly matters. I would like to see some actual arguments. Yours was disappointing.

I guess this is just one of the points where I disagree: I won't be able to change your minds, you won't be able to change mine.

EDIT: instead of randomly disliking my '?$!%, why don't you try to prove me wrong.

Ok that's a good way of looking at it...hmm let's see...

You could think of it in terms of how early you can get those plus one upgrades. So I guess it would mean a timing push would come a few seconds earlier which is pretty big.

Regardless cheaper !*%# is always a good thing
Hi! I'm below masters, and thus i am not alowed to have an oppinion on anything, even things not related to starcraft. Please disregard what I have to say. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Super Moderator ⋅ Siege Tank
977 posts

You are trying to start an argument when there were none in the first place. No one acted like these changes were game breaking.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Probe
70 posts
Now i can do a +3 attack with like a +1 or 2 armor vs zerg timing attack at around the 10 ish minute mark
pvz is now ez

emp radius reduced 0_0
pvt now...much easier....but stim still owns(not op).... so...
Coach ⋅ Siege Tank
809 posts
Nov 8th 2011, 07:38:48 Quote by GosuBlink
emp range reduced 0_0
pvt now...much easier....but stim still owns(not op).... so...

What you're smoking... must be strong. Range didn't change, radius did.
Nov 8th 2011, 07:38:48 Quote by GosuBlink
You: quick idra
answer this
3 men walk into a bar
is one of them gay?
EGIdrA: depends on whether or not anyone of them plays protoss