Starcraft 2 Armory

[Terran] auto repair?

34 posts ⋅ 6,506 views

Civilian
13 posts
I heard hdstarcraft mention it.
Is there such a thing? Like click repair on a buidling and the scv just waits til the building/unit i damaged?
Point Defense Drone
3,360 posts
Well the SCV does have a auto repair function so if there is a damaged mechanical unit/building nearby it will move to repair it.
A Forgotten Past Bestirs a Future Of Demise.
Marauder
248 posts
right click the repair button and it'll activate auto-repair....
Banned
382 posts
Am actually pretty sure there isnt, I know it is in campaign..... probably not in multiplayer. If it ever was i assumed it was removed for balancing issues, now terran will actually have to micro there scv's.
Marauder
315 posts
It is in Multiplayer (idk about ladder games though)
May 4th 2011, 06:27:20 Quote by Remnant
Offtopic: My pc doesn't run on fps, it runs on seconds per frame.
Raven
4,035 posts
Oct 31st 2010, 23:14:13 Quote by TheWeakOne
Am actually pretty sure there isnt, I know it is in campaign..... probably not in multiplayer. If it ever was i assumed it was removed for balancing issues, now terran will actually have to micro there scv's.

Did you play Terran in multiplayer at all? Or are you, the Diamond player, just kidding?

Gawd.

Of course there is Auto-Repair in multiplayer, I use it all the time.

Just do what Destroyer suggested, right-click on Repair and the SCV will automatically Repair any building/mechanical unit that is nearby (oddly, including Stalkers - I had a good laugh when I found that out in team games).
Marauder
248 posts
... people i use it all the time... right click the repair button and it'll start some "sparkly" animation on it... the scv(s) will repair anything around it that is damaged... building or unit...
Dark Templar
716 posts

=/

This auto repair option has been present since beta. If you right click it, scvs will automatically repair something damaged within their sight range.

Meh stork, I am disappoint. Win the next OSL..for realz.
get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com
Corruptor
3,437 posts
Yup, auto repair is in both campaign and multiplayer. In campaign it is set to "on" by default, in multiplayer you have to set it to on (just right click the icon).

Honestly I love the feature. My only gripe is repairing SCVs should have the same attack priority as anything they are repairing.
Civilian
13 posts
Sweet, will try it out tonight!
Traveler
2,091 posts
Note, however, that even when auto-repair is on, other orders still take priority. For example, a SCV that is harvesting will do so even if the CC is at 10 HP.
SCV
82 posts
The icon for repair will have a flashing border swirling round it just so you know if auto repair is on or not, I find it useful for early Zerg attacks and hiding SCVs behind Thors lol.
Raven
4,035 posts
What I would like is that SCVs would prioritize repairing other things than SCVs, so they don't end up repairing themselves when they should be repairing Thors. Also, when you right-click on the attacked CC/OC/PF, harvesting SCVs will just "Return Cargo" and do nothing, instead of repairing. So it actually requires frantic spam of "R" key and clicking on CC/OC/PF. Very annoying. =/
SCV
101 posts
Yes, auto-repair exists in multiplayer/ladder.

It's not always the best option. They will wait for the objects to take damage before they repair and only if they are already idle.

To make them idle in order to use the auto-cast repair takes as much micro as just clicking on the dying building/units.

The best use is repair once your base has been attacked or your thor/battlecruisers. Take a couple scvs and rally them to a point away from your minerals and then rally them back to the mineral line. They will repair objects in the path on their way back.
Content Editor ⋅ Broodling
915 posts

Another shining example of why I'm amazed you have a tuition site ¬,¬